Single, Slicin' Dicin' and Sizzlin'Welcome! My name is Cait. I am a Single food lover! This blog is place to come when you are looking to cook up something scrumptious for one!
I have found that cooking for one can have its fall backs and that it can feel, well, rather lonely and seem kind of depressing. BUT at the same time it can be a fun way to get you out of a funk and feeling better about hanging out with just yourself. Also cooking for one can help eliminate the forgotten left-overs that you have to dig out of the fridge and throw away!
My recipes will almost always be nutritious and healthy, I have a degree in Nutrition after all, and who would I be if I didn't practice what I preach.
Let's Get Started!
Here are a few things you might need to be ready to cook for one:
- My personal favorite : The George Foreman Grill
- A small non-stick frying pan or cast iron (if you're into that sorta thing)
- baking pans
- cupcake baking pan
- a sense of humor
- and a hungry tummy!
- One chicken thigh or leg with skin and bone! (We can talk about saturated fat later!)
- 2 Tbsp of bread crumbs
- 2 tsp of Light olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 2 Tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Two red ripe medium sized tomatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp dry white wine
- 1/8- 1/4 cup of water
- 6 cups boiling water
- large bowl of ice water
PS- These tomatoes go really nicely over some plain quinoa or brown rice!
Well that's all for today. I hope you enjoy it! Please leave requests, comments, questions and criticisms!